Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I wrote this for my birthday but forgot to post it:


22 years.

It amazes me how little I’ve learnt in all this time. I lived in Bombay for 15 years. I know about 5 square kilometres of it and even those have changed. I’ve lived in Delhi for 6, but can’t claim to know this city either. What achievements do I have to speak of? What interests? I like music but do I know about it? No. I like food but do I know about it? Again, no. In 22 years I couldn’t find something to intrigue me? In 22 years I couldn’t find something I’m good at? What is the point of a life like this, aimlessly moving from one day through the next?

I know what I want for this birthday. It’s the same thing I wanted on my 20th.

A purpose.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Deep thought.okie lets c i guess i can answer.You know how to smile cheerfully almost always, you know how to see hope in difficult situations, you know how to be an adorable friend, you know how to choose best out of better choices.So, i think you have lot of achievements.