Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Musical Twin

Over the years I've had many twins.

Okay, fine, so there was just one. But now, there's another. [Sorry winnie. But don't worry, I still love you.] This new twin pierces the one part of my life that the old, *whacks self* I mean other one didn't cover.

 

Music.

 

A long, long time ago (January), this girl, K, came to talk to me at a party. She told me that she'd seen some music on my Facebook profile and that she listened to pretty much the same stuff. We talked about exchanging music but it didn't happen. We're not really friends, and we're in different specializations so we don't see much of each other. Then a few months later I was listening to some music in college and I extended a earphone. She liked the song (Kings of Convenience) so I promised to give her some on a pen drive. This time I really did. She did the same.

Actually she did more. She went above and beyond. She gave me two whole albums of...wait for it…The Shins! Not to mention a bunch of other music which I haven't yet heard.

I can't even begin to explain what that means to me. It's like my birthday has come early this year (or got late last year, whichever way you choose to look at it). To add to the birthday feeling, she gave me music in the cutest cd cover. It's bright, shiny, jazzy red with hearts on it, like wrapping paper. Plus, M gave the world's coolest water bottle, wrapped and everything (it was a return gift for her little sister's birthday party). I wish my birthday was half as fun as yesterday!

Oh, and in the cute red cd case lay a cute movie called Paris je t'aime. It's the best I've seen in a long time.

 

As Athlete would say/sing, yesterday threw everything at me. Or as Marshall would say, it was steak sauce. Or as Barney might say, yesterday was totally awesome.

Okay, I'm done.

3 comments:

Runjoo said...

to-tally hurt *sob sob*
you called me 'winnie'...forgot the 't' now, slowly you'll forget this 'old' 'winnie'

but damn cute post :)

Ankita said...

I did not forget the 't'....you ARE winnie...winning streak, rem?
RM is done. I knew just one answer! I didn't even understand half the questions! But I still wrote lamba kahanis. This is what psychology has taught me: how to use my imagination

Runjoo said...

and to write bull shit.

yay! we're getting closer and closer to the finishing line!