Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Gold in the air of summer

The heat was really getting to me. Even the riksha ride was unbearable. The aftermath of the riksha ride was no less unpleasant what with the man sticking his hands inside his pants to give me change. Dirty, sweaty pants, at that.

I was glad when I finally reached the stairs of the metro station. My head was beginning to hurt from being in the sun so long. The air conditioning beckoned and I made my way to it in a daze. I kept thinking of how I would make it home. How would I possibly survive the walk from the metro station to the bus stop?

I glided through the checkpoint to the entrance. I had kept my smart card out to speed my way to the infinitely cooler platform. It was all I could think of.

But my card wouldn't work.

I stepped back and tried again. It still wouldn't work. I shifted it, turned it around, stepped back again. No luck. I looked around for help but no one was there. I looked for the guard but he was far away. I sighed and started to make my way towards him when I perchance looked at my card.

 

It was my driver's license.

No comments: